I cannot believe I have turned 21; where did time go?! While I absolutely love birthdays, sometimes they feel like a countdown of your time on earth (yes creepy I know). I WISH I could stay a child forever and live in Neverland with Peter Pan and the Lost Boys for the rest of my life. Until then, I will go on with my -pretty cool may I add- life and make the most of it. I am freaking out that I am becoming an adult, however, I do think that 20s are some of the BEST years of our lives! I am excited about everything that is ahead because life is SOOO unpredictable. 😉 Since I find 21 to be a rather special birthday, I decided to write this blog post and share 21 things I have learned in my 21 years of life. These are very common posts for bloggers to write, as well as YouTubers, so I thought as I am turning 21 and this is my first birthday since creating my blog, I just have to write this post!
1. There is no place like home (no matter where home is).
2. EVERYTHING happens for a reason. Cliché but true. 💯
3. You should always be yourself even when you are not exactly sure who that is.
4. Happiness is a choice which you have to make for yourself. ✨🌈
5. Age IS just a number. It doesn’t matter how old you are. What’s important is how old you feel inside (I know I will always be a child at heart❣ )
6. I freaking love birthdays!!! We should NEVER stop celebrating this special day, no matter how old we are.
7. I love shoes…
8. I know magic exists. It just depends if YOU can see it or not.
9. Sooner is better than later!
10. With that, later is better than never.😉 I have wanted to start my own blog probably since I was 14-15?! I finally decided to do it last year; best decision ever.
11. You GOT TO have faith. (In yourself, in your God, in life itself)
12. Nothing relaxes me more than a run next to the sea.
13. I am soooo lucky to have some pretty awesome people in my life.
14. I – freaking – love – Nandos. 🙄 And the funny thing is, I don’t even eat spicy food.
15. I am a child of the sun and the sea.
16. I struggle with this sometimes but I always tell myself: Be kind to people, you NEVERRRR know what they could be going through.
17. I would not trade chocolate chip ice cream for ANY other flavour.
18. This did not take me 21 years to realise, but I can only wish I can be as good of a parent to my children as my parents were to me and my sisters.
19. Avril Lavigne: her music is old but gold.
20. I have a fear of the unknown, however, this is something I will conquer! Maybe by my 22nd birthday! 😝 p.s. I personally believe that all (or at least most) fears and phobias are basically connected back to the “fear of the unknown”.
21. What makes a happy life, are the people you live that life with.
Thank you for reading 21 things I have learned, about life or myself, in these beautiful 21 years that I have lived! I wonder if I will still have my blog when I turn 30… if so, I will make sure to do “30 Things I Have Learned At 30” blog post. So, remember that all that matters is how you feel inside and don’t forget to celebrate your birthday because it is a great excuse to get dressed up, open presents and eat cake!!!