We all know and love chunky sweaters and autumn is definitely the season to embrace them. I absolutely love the fit of really oversized sweaters. They keep you warm, they are super comfortable and you can wear them with pretty much anything. I have picked some of my favourite sweaters for this season and I will give you some ideas as to how I would personally style them. I tried to include a range of different styles (even though they all have similar fit), colours and prices so you can all find something that meets your needs.
Up until a couple of years ago I had this misconception that sweaters and jumpers could not be stylish or fashionable. I was very, VERY wrong! It is 2017 and people wear whatever they want (I absolutely love it) so if you want to wear a chunky sweater when you go out for dinner this Friday night, do it right and you will look fabulous!
FOR A NIGHT OUT
Sweater: pick a sweater on the more elaborate side with some embroidery, ruffles, or some shimmer.
Bottoms: pair it with a black leather mini skirt, a puffy/tulle over the knee skirt or a midi pleated skirt (in lace or a metallic colour if you want to go all out).
Shoes: add a pair of monochrome heels to finish the outfit. For an extra feminine and chic look, choose a pair of pointed stilettos.
A CASUAL/ DRESSY OUTFIT
Sweater: depending on how casual you want your outfit to be, choose either a plain chunky sweater or one with more texture.
Bottoms: you can wear a pair of high waist boyfriend jeans, distressed (or SUPER distressed) jeans, beaded or embroider jeans, high waist wide-leg pants or a pair of tailored trousers.
Shoes: if you go for a more textured sweater perhaps wear a simpler pair of shoes (or not). You can wear a pair of flat pumps, block heel ankle boots, over the knee boots or a pair of cute trainers.
A CASUAL/EASY OUTFIT
Sweater: this is a super casual outfit so you can just wear a monochrome, A-line simple sweater.
Bottoms: you can pick a pair of jersey track pants, athletic leggings or maybe pair of black leather leggings to make the outfit more exciting.
Shoes: you can wear a pair of ankle boots if you are feeling it. If not, a pair of trainers or converse will look great.
1. Missguided £35 – Cream ribbon knit jumper
2. ASOS £28 – Vero Moda Block Print Jumper
3. ASOS £95 – French Connection High Neck Bell Sleeve Jumper
4. Pretty Little Things £30 – Black statment belt tie jumper
5. River Island £45 – Cream mixed stitch fringe cable knit jumper
6. I Love Mr Mittens £395 – Honey roll-neck wool sweater
7. River Island £55 – Cream floral embroidered jumper
8. Acne Studios £290 – Raze mohair-blend sweater
9. Vetements £1,410 – Vagabond turtleneck oversized wool-blend jumper
10. I Love Mr Mittens £395 – Aran roll-neck wool sweater
11. River Island £36 – Pink chenille knit balloon sleeve jumper
12. Self-Portrait £220 – Off-the-shoulder ruffled ribbed wool-blend sweater
13. ZARA £39.99 – Oversized cable-knit sweater
14. Topshop £60 – Extreme long sleeve knitted jumper by boutique
15. Topshop £65 – **Pink Cable Knit Round Neck
16. Topshop £34 – Lattice sleeve knitted top
17. Topshop £34 – Lingerie Aran jumper
18. ZARA £29.99 – Sweater with shoulder embroidery
19. Boohoo £15 – Sophie Wide Sleeve Fisherman Jumper
20. Missguided £20 – Pink roll neck step hem knitted jumper
I really hope this post gave you some inspiration as to how to style your chunky sweaters. If you like these kinds of post please do let me know by leaving a comment below. Also let me know if you use any of these ideas or if you have any suggestions for future posts. Autumn, bring it on!! 😉
P.s. Scroll past the comments section and enter your email where it says “Never miss a post” so you can subscribe to my blog and receive a notification via email every time I post.